Lost-In-Founders

A diary of my visit to two cities in the center of the founding of my country: Boston and Philadelphia Oct. 14 - 24, 2005


Monday, October 17, 2005

Oct. 17 – Boy, do I feel sheepish

Well, I have a confession to make. I’m not even sure if I should tell you what dumb thing I did. I can’t even imagine the ridicule I’m going to receive. I am humble enough to handle it, though.

I arrived back in my room tonight early (6:00). I was setting up my laptop, and a Inn brochure caught my eye. It says, “You can also enjoy the modern convenience of free internet access…” I asked the girl at the desk, and sure enough!! The rooms are all equipped with high speed Internet access! I even have the right connection cord in my laptop case! So, I will be posting some pictures, now that I have graduated to the real world of "high speed."

Speaking of high speed, aren't public transportation systems...specifically underground ones...supposed to help speed up the moving of people??? It didn't work this morning. I waited for 8 trains before one had enough room to squeeze in one more sardine. It is a good thing I was trying to leave early!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Fear not. I think I speak for most when I say we will give you a "pass" on silly things you do while on vacation.

It's the silly things when you're here in your own environment that make for the most fun...

10/18/2005 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home